Male weight problems are a serious public health issue and can lead to conditions such as hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, diabetes and cancer.
If current trends continue, the prospect of the potentially you and the majority of men becoming overweight is a real one and urgent action is much needed and we are that solution.
Here are some facts about men that you should read. FUNdamental is here to challenge you to become the one going against the trend..Lets do this!!
- Contrary to widespread belief, men are more likely than women to be overweight.
- Men are more unlikely to take part in weight management programs…we aim to change that with your help.
- You require a focus on you, a man so invest in FUNdamental…a program for men developed by men.
- Men store fat around the abdomen such as the beer belly, this storage of fat increases chances of many life threatening diseases.
- Two thirds of British men have a BMI (body mass index) of at least 25 compared with women and even worse, 23% of men are now obese.
- The UK has the 8th highest rate of obesity.
- Over 30% of men have a waist circumference of over 102cm.
- A Canadian study found that over half of men who are in fact overweight consider themselves to be of normal weight.
- It has been proven that the most serious limitation in attempting to lose weight is the lack of basic knowledge on how to do it.
- Overall one man in every 5 is inactive.
- 27% of men in the UK drink more than 21 units of alcohol each week and around 8% drink more than 50 units.
- Overweight men accumulate fat around the abdomen which is linked with metabolic syndrome. This increases the risk of developing heart problems, triples the risk of coronary issues and doubles the risk of death by cardiovascular disease.
- Obesity is linked with several cancers
- Excess weight also causes lower back issues, sleep issues, erectile dysfunction and permanent issues tio weight bearing joints such as the knees and hips.
- Men are less likely to be concerned about becoming overweight, more likely to fail to notice that they have gained weight and more likely to deny they have a problem once they are overweight….lets sort this problem out right now.
- Fatty tissue absorbs, alters and releases sex hormones leading to infertility, prostate / testicular cancer and polycystic ovaries in women.
- 1/3 of all deaths in the UK are caused by cardiovascular disease, 35% in men and obesity along with the abnormal metabolism it causes, is the leading factor along with smoking. We all know how bad smoking is, being overweight is proving to be equally as damaging.
- A balanced diet combined with a sensible physical activity program is the gold standard. Add behaviour change and support as in the FUNdamental program and you have the solution.
- Just a 10% loss in weight equates to loss of 30% of the dangerous killer visceral fat in the abdomen.
- 2 out of every 5 men in the UK have high blood pressure.
- A man who is 2 stone (12 kgs) overweight is twice as likely to have a heart a heart attack as a man of healthy weight.
- 800,000 prescriptions of obesity drugs cost the tax payer £36,000,000 annually, think how that money could be better spent in the future.
- Being obese or overweight increases your chances of developing one of the following conditions – arthritis, asthma, back pain, cancer, cirrhosis, depression, diabetes, gallstones, gout, haemorrhoids, heart disease, heart failure, heartburn, high blood pressure, infertility, varicose veins and many more…Do you want one of these conditions??
- A recent danish study found that being overweight lowers your sperm count and makes you less fertile which mean less chance of having kids. Having a BMI over 25 reduces your sperm count by up to 24%….WOW.
An alternative that may bring a smile to your face is the masturbation diet devised by Dr.Shukan Tokuho of Japan. The three main advantages of this are that it is quick, easy and good for health. Five minutes of of vigorous masturbation can consume 300 calories which is the same as sprinting 100m. It can be done whilst sitting at your desk and can replace a light meal. The ideal position is leaning back in a chair with the heels raised about 10 centimetres off the floor as this puts tension on the stomach muscles. Doing this twice a day for a month equates to the same results as doing pressups and situps in the sauna.
Clearly Dr Tokuho is not the man to go however FUNdamental is the place to come to.
We get results and we offer long term results…let us show you!