Good morning and welcome to the latest instalment of EVERY STEP COUNTS.
As mentioned last week, we have some very interesting news coming very soon so stay tuned and keep reading the column every week as you won’t want to miss it.
How can I not start this week’s article without thanking everyone that has started the 2020 “100-day MEGA 1000 habit challenge” as it really has started with a bang. Now again, I am not going to go into details about the challenge in todays column but head over to my social media channels more specifically FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM and you will see all the information there for you. It doesn’t matter if you start late, the days left in the challenge will still be better for you compared with not starting at all…it’s your choice, YOU DECIDE.
On that note, whilst discussing the topic of making decisions, how about today we talk about some important decisions you could be making right now. The topic of decisions is my bread and butter and it’s something that I work with all clients on and to be honest it’s something that I spend a lot of my personal time talking about too. Check out the list below of some possible decisions you may be making at the start of 2020?
- Should I get up early today to get my head in the game for the week?
- Do I need to go to the gym today?
- What is my most important task?
- Could I start a new morning routine today to help boss my year?
- Do I really need to be eating my bodyweight in chocolate just because its sitting there in the cupboard?
- If I’m not happy, why am I not doing anything to sort it?
- My friend keeps asking me to go for a run with them, should I join them later or stay at home?
- I know that alcohol does not agree with me, should I kick it into touch?
- Do I need to watch that extra episode off Netflix at night especially when I struggle to get up in the morning?
- What can I do to be happier each and every day?
- I have a lovely family and a lovely set of friends; do they actually know how much I value them in my life?
- I love playing pool with my peer group, why haven’t I played for months with them?
To be honest with you, there are an unlimited amount of questions that you may be asking right now but the first thing is to start asking them. Take 5 minutes today to sit down quietly and try and answer the questions you have. It really does come down to focusing on YOU and your happiness and doing the things that are going to move you forward in life.
Sometimes the questions can be tough.
Often the answers can be hard to take.
Furthermore, the decisions that you then need to take can be really difficult and require real effort.
I will tell one thing though and that is this:
AT LEAST THEY ARE YOUR DECISIONS.
It is my honest belief that if you don’t make your own decisions then someone else will make them for you.
You are either being PROACTIVE, or you are being REACTIVE…I know which one I would rather be.
So, there you have it, this week’s column all about MAKING DECISIONS. Why don’t we start making big decisions right now and take action on this week’s points…your future depends on it.
Have a truly awesome and extraordinary week and as always anything you ever need…just get in contact ?
Give us a smile,
The FUNdaMENTAL Coach