EVERY STEP COUNTS: 20/07/2017
I literally had one of the best nights ever on Saturday night.
One of my long term clients took me to Wembley Arena for a top night of boxing. One of my favourite boxers Chris Eubank Junior was boxing against Arthur Abraham in a title defence. The match lasted the whole 12 rounds and to be honest I still fail to see how the challenger managed to stand up still after the barrage of body shots and upper cuts he received off the champion Eubank Junior. We had the most amazing seats and it truly was an amazing gesture off my client Darren.
This got me thinking about this week’s article and what I should talk about. When it comes to Chris Eubank Junior, you could literally talk to a group of people and the group would be split down the middle in terms of whether they liked him or not. He’s like Marmite in that you either love him or hate you him. For me, I think he’s awesome and the reasons I think he’s awesome are shown below:
- He is different to everyone else and doesn’t care what people think about him.
- His skillset is unique compared to other boxers in the division.
- He entertains the crowd.
- He takes risks.
- What he lacks in experience he makes up for in enthusiasm.
- His physical condition is second to none.
- I believe he has one of the best training mentalities in the game. He will be back in the gym straight after his title win.
- He has a good chin and defensive skills and this was proven by the fact he won every round and got hit a few times by Abraham who is a big hitter himself and he just kept on with the game plan.
- Finally, I believe he has an inner belief that he is destined to be great and to be even better than his dad Chris Eubank Senior.
So how does this relate to you and your life and how you operate on a daily basis?
Let’s now touch on the points above and try and relate them to you as let’s face it, we can’t all be professional boxers fighting at Wembley Arena in front of 20000 people. So here we go, what you can learn from Chris Eubank Junior:
- He’s got haters. If you are doing well and if you read this article every week then you are probably smashing various areas of your life. Haters come and go; they are just a sign of your success. Everyone that is successful has haters so just keep doing what you are doing. Chris Eubank Junior has not changed one bit and neither should you.
- Be different. Being different is amazing as you can be yourself and be authentic. We touched on this a few weeks ago so I’m not going to go over it again but just make sure you are being authentic. There are so many people out there that settle for average and settle for being the same as everyone else, be you, be different.
- Have a unique skillset – Learn something new or learn a new skill that no one else you know is skilled in. It’s fun learning new things. I completed my level 1 Boxing England course last month and I believe I am the only level 1 qualified personal trainer in Wokingham. There are loads of boxercise teachers and box to music teachers out there but having England standard knowledge I believe sets me apart from the rest. For the record, I am in the process of completing my Nutritionist and Diet Specialist course too which is also a serious unique selling point. What can you learn to set you apart from everyone else?
- He entertains the crowd – Your crowd is everyone that is in your circle, your friends, your colleagues, your family, your clients and customers. How can you be a ray of light when you interact with them? I like to make people feel great and feel positive so I like to entertain them. I like doing this by educating them on something they didn’t previously know or just by making them smile. Remember there is the word “FUN” in the FUNdaMENTAL coach.
- Eubank Junior takes risks – It’s fun to take risks. The biggest risk is not taking risks at all. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. When I decided I wanted my own private training space and a space I could call my own I took that risk. I knew it was worth it. This is the same for the Boxing Club. Setting up a Community Boxing Club is not cheap but we knew it would be worth it in the long term as the area will benefit and generations will benefit for years to come.
- This article as with all the topics we could discuss could be turned into a book so let’s finish with the inner belief point last on the list. Having an inner belief is essential in reaching greatness and success. There are so many people out there wanting to bring you down so you have to believe in your own success and your own skills and just go for it.
How about that for some hard hitting personal attributes that you could and should aim for. I am sure you could look around and come up with lots of people that you admire. When you do; have a good think about the reasons you admire them and then mirror those skills and implement those skills for an improved skillset.
As Charlotte Eriksson once said:
“So many people will tell you”no”, and you need to find something you believe in so hard that you just smile and tell them”watch me”. Learn to take rejection as motivation to prove people wrong. Be unstoppable. Refuse to give up, no matter what. It’s the best skill you can ever learn.”
Happy Thursday everyone, now go and change the world.